You did it! You pulled the trigger on a new wheel and tire setup for your vehicle. Now comes the fun part. Actually installing them onto your vehicle. If you are looking to do this process yourself but have never done it before, here are the easy steps you need to take to install your new wheel and tire package.
Steps to Install your Wheels & Tires For Your Truck
Gather the necessary tools:
- You will need a few basic tools to complete this installation. Such as a jack, jackstands, lug wrench or impact, the correct socket size for your lug nuts, and torque wrench.
Break your lug nuts loose
- Before you go ahead and lift your vehicle into the air, you want to make sure that you loosen the lug nuts first. Your lug nuts are torqued on there tight, and by having the vehicle on the ground while you loosen them will ensure that you can do it with ease, and without the risk of knocking your vehicle off the jack stands.
Raise your vehicle safely
- Using your jack find the recommended jack points for your vehicle and raise it until your tire is off of the ground. Place your jack stands in the appropriate locations and rest the vehicle down on them to ensure your vehicle is safe to work on without risk of it falling.
Remove the old wheels and tires:
- Finish removing the lug nuts and remove the old wheels and tires from the vehicle.
Clean the Mounting Surface
- You may find that the mounting surface of the hub of your vehicle may have some corrosion or other elements stuck to it. Now would be a good time to take a wire brush and clean it off as best as you can.
Install your new wheels and tires!
- Place the new wheels onto the studs, making sure to alight the lug holes correctly. Install the lug nuts and tighten them to hand tight for now.
Lower the Vehicle and Torque to specifications
- Remove the jack stands and lower the vehicle back to the ground. Take your torque wrench and finish tightening the lug nuts to the vehicle manufacturer specifications.
Check the tire pressure of your new wheels and tires
- Check the tire pressure one more time to ensure that all tires are properly inflated.
Installing new aftermarket wheels & tires can be daunting but with the help of our TireWheelExperts team, we can make sure that not only your purchase process is easy, but the installation and mounting is even easier. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-877-205-5858.